Monday, July 20, 2009

Another straight ally on board

When I wrote a couple days ago, I was asking how best to share when one is gay-affirming. TODAY I read of Betty Greene Salwak, right in my home state of Indiana, and I was so encouraged, like any day when I find someone like her. She's very out as an ally to GLBT folk, and shows that she is actively campaigning for justice and acceptance in her church and community. I read Betty's blog entry on http://www.bilerico.com/, where she shares her journey as a gay-affirming Christian.

Knowing that there are others in my own community (Indiana) that are supportive makes me know that change is coming. I call on everyone who is gay-affirming to show themselves and support the diversity that God creates.

Thanks, Betty Greene Salwak!

Please take the time to read Betty's entry on Bilerico, here :)

2 comments:

Rob said...

I think its more important than ever that Gay Christians, and Gay Christian supporters come out. So many think that Christians are Anti-Gay, when many are supportive of Gays and Lesbians.

Betty said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments, Carol! I'm so glad to know of you. This can get a little lonely, can't it, when friends don't understand the intensity of our mission.