Sunday, December 14, 2008

I am touched, so blessed

Hi everyone - I am so far behind. So many of you have read and posted this week. What a boost for my little blog! I've been so blessed, I've cried, and I've wanted to reach out and give so many hugs, but I've fallen behind. Thank you, thank you, thank you, to all who have made comments and shared parts of your own stories. I know it is sometimes so hard to express on "paper" what you've gone through and what you share about your lives. And once you put it on that paper, it is so much bigger - it is out there for us all to read.

It is because of blogs and writing and sharing that I came to change my mind about gay people, and it IS WORTH IT. My life is different because of people like Christine Bakke and Peterson Toscano - and so many of their links where I read and read and read. IT is WORTH IT. Keep writing! Keep sharing.

And I hope to continue to make contacts with you - please be patient.

your friend and fellow blogger,
Carol

5 comments:

David W. Shelton said...

Mrs. Boltz,

Thank you so much for your support for the GLBT community, and for those of us who are both gay and Christian. I've covered Ray's coming out a little bit, and I'm glad to know that you're in such support of him.

Again, thank you.

SaraM said...

Mom - I am so proud of you and making this blog. It's good to see you being able to tell what you believe.

Your words are so strong as you tell the truth.

The comments praise your courage and the way you write...I completely agree with them all. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing your story and being a compassionate voice. I was always the "good Christian" young man in my family. I went to church, was a summer missionary in college, worked as a youth director. I struggled for years, tried everything under the sun, ex-gay ministries, exorcisms of spirits, etc. When I told my parents, my devout Baptist mother's first words were "I'd rather you be dead than gay."
Regardless of biblical interpretations on the rightness or wrongness of it - imagine what churches would be like if we all just decided to focus more on love than on judgement and opened our doors to all souls - without conditions.
I appreciate your voice and am very grateful. You will reach people that no one else can. Thank you so much.

Carol said...

Dear Anonymous - I'm so sorry that you have not had understanding, and that your mom expressed such a harsh thing. It is not because she doesn't love you - it's because she only knows what she's been taught. Here is a wonderful essay by Peterson Toscano: http://beyondexgay.com/article/gaychild
It is the fear that your mom has that she spoke this way.

I love your view that we should all focus more on love. I think that was Jesus' message, and it is one of the hardest things to do. With plenty of people that I don't even LIKE, I have to work at this!

Thanks so much for posting.

Unknown said...

Yours is the way of healing and love. It's a harder way, but a way that honors your heart and Ray's.

Peace.

Tom